I made this tonight and it was a huge hit! I used fat free half and half and it was amazing! I’m taking leftovers for lunch tomorrow
A Mexican casserole that’s both healthy AND delicious? Filled with roasted corn and peppers? Yesss.
The weird pictures with the snarky, random text captions right on the photo? I am that person who tries to act smart and professional when using social media but is secretly obsessed with memes.
I mean, we’re talking meme LOVE. I don’t know what it is about them, because if I try to read them out loud and/or explain them to Bjork, they fall flat and I feel like a crazy. But it’s like the magic has to happen in your head because when I see a good meme, especially on involving animals, extra-especially involving kittens or baby animals or crazed dogs, there is an out of control laugh track going off in my brain. Er, in my face.
So naturally this post is dedicated to all the meme greats of the world. You make us laugh uncontrollably and make social media 300% more fun; we salute you.
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef (drained or rinsed!)
- ½ cup onion (chopped)
- ¼ cup canned jalapeno slices, chopped
- 2 cups fresh tomatoes, chopped or 1 (15 ounce) can diced canned tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can kernel corn (drained)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 (1¼ ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 8 corn tortillas
- ¾ cup nonfat sour cream
- ⅓ cup reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend, shredded
- ⅓ bunch fresh cilantro, chopped, to taste (or less (or more)
HOW TO MAKE:
- Brown ground beef and chopped onions in large skillet; brown 10 to 12 minutes or until thoroughly cooked, stirring constantly. Drain well and rinse with warm water to remove all fat; return beef/onions to skillet.
- Add corn, black beans, tomatoes, chilies/jalapenos and taco seasoning mix; mix well. Reduce heat; simmer 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile spray 12×8-inch (2-quart) baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Cut each tortilla in half; place 8 halves in bottom of sprayed baking dish, overlapping slightly.
- Spoon half of beef mixture evenly over tortillas. Spoon sour cream over beef mixture; spread evenly. Top with remaining 8 tortilla halves and remaining beef mixture. (Cover tightly with foil & Freeze for later OR cook as directed below…).
- (Thaw overnight if frozen) Heat oven to 350ºF. Bake at 350ºF for 25 minutes. Remove from oven; sprinkle with cheese. Cover; let stand 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro and serve with fresh chopped lettuce, tomatoes, salsa, black olives, etc… /.
Per serving: 10 SmartPoints; 9 PointsPlus; 7 POINTS (old)
Serving Size: 1 (346 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
Serving size: 6 Calories: 355 Fat: 5.9 Saturated fat: 2.2 Carbohydrates: 52.3 Sugar: 8.2 Fiber: 10.4 Protein: 26.7
Yummy, Please make sure to Like and share this Recipe with your friends on Facebook!